Describe the functions of the workplace health and safety representative
On completion of this course you will understand the objectives and statutory requirements pertaining to health and safety in the workplace. Learners will be able to explain the rights, powers, functions and duties of the workplace health and safety representative and how any errant health, safety and environmental issues may be handled; and will also be able to participate in the safety, health and environmental structures and measure these activities according to health, safety and environmental requirements.
The qualifying learner is capable of:
- Describing the framework of workplace health and safety legislation pertaining to health and safety representatives.
- Explaining the specified requirements to conduct safety, health and environmental representation activities at a working place.
- Addressing safety, health and environment related issues within their scope of authority.
- Complying with the activities within safety, health and environmental structures.
- Communication at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF Level 1 or equivalent.